- Social Media & Marketing Consultant, Copywriter, Editor
NO ONE OPENS GOOGLE AND TYPES, “SURPRISE ME.”
Are you findable? Accessible? What questions do you answer? Why should potential clients trust you? Are you known as a source of knowledge? Who are your biggest fans? Influencers? Do you know who sings your praises and why?
I work to create answers to these questions.
…ORGANIZED & TECH-SAVVY: I manage marketing editorial calendars and write/edit social media campaigns, blog content, email newsletters, events, and more.
…I TELL YOUR STORY: Everything I write, post, tweet, blog, email, share, and respond to is in your voice – whether it’s breezy and conversational, educational and factual, or anywhere in between.
I’m also a huge fan of Ann Handley and, when it comes to writing, she said it best:
“…Writing well is part habit, part knowledge of some fundamental rules, and part giving a damn.”
Learned: I love words. I thrive when using both the logical and creative sides of my brain at the same time.
- Area Director of Member Support with BNI Alabama
Director of Member Support for more than 900 members in 40+ chapters of BNI North Alabama. I am a reliable resource for our Regional Managing Director, Area Directors, Director Consultants, and Chapter Leaders. I manage chapter memberships, applicant flow processes, invoicing, accounts receivable, renewals, event/training organization, and technology challenges, our regional website, marketing analytics, and much more.
Learned: Technology and processes can save time. Relationships matter more.
- Proposal Editor & Publisher with Bid Designs, LLC.
A member of the team of professionals at BID Designs, LLC, I proofread, edit, and format government proposals and client marketing slicks/publications. This job requires extensive attention to detail and amazing teamwork.
Learned: Keep a beginner’s mind. Details matter.
- WordPress Web Designer
Clients came to me because I make them look good. I built them a dedicated, round-the-clock salesperson: efficient, effective, and always drawing in ideal clients.
Learned: The value of my time & energy, and that “No” really is a complete sentence.
- Event Organizer
For 5 years, I hosted the largest yoga event in the state of Alabama: Rocket City Yoga Week. During these 5 years, Rocket City Yoga Week offered over 300 events, taught by more than 50 talented yoga teachers, averaged a yearly attendance of +2000, and successfully raised over $10,000 for charity.
1. To trust my BHAG (Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal).
2. That I have insanely high, big-picture-seeing, multitasking capabilities that many do not possess.
- Networking Leader & Educator
Building a personal network is just as vital as building a social media network. Having solid referral partners is non-negotiable in today’s business world.
Learned: It’s wise to spend time working ON my business instead of always working IN it.
- Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher
I’ve been on my yoga mat since 1999. Practicing yoga is about connection – to Self and to the world. After being laid off from my final recruiting career, I taught yoga full-time for 7 years, creating space for students all from all over the world to see life from a different point of view.
1. What’s going on in life will show up on the mat.
2. I do not need to fix anyone.
3. I can create space, set the intention, do the best I can, and let go of the results.
- Personal Chef
How would your life be different if healthy, delicious, food was waiting for you when you walked in the door…and you haven’t had to cook a thing?
I helped friends & clients put healthy meals on the dinner table for years. I fed their souls.
1. Never assume client has the right equipment – bring my own.
2. I despise touching raw chicken. Ugh.
- Corporate Recruiter
Recruited and staffed for numerous divisions, spanning Telecom to IT to Defense to Logistics & Global Supply Chain. Virtually supported, recruited & sourced for US and global facilities. Applicant tracking system on-site administrator and trainer. Companies: Randstad Staffing, DeltaCom, Sanmina-SCI.
- Radio & Technology Sales
Account executive at 2 different points in my life: selling presentation systems and radio advertising.
- Casual Fine Dining ServerIn 1990, the #1 restaurant in Orlando was Pebbles, owned by DAVGAR Corporation. I spent 4 years soaking up the food, wine, and service industry knowledge. Years later, I became a personal chef thanks to the deep wisdom I gleaned from Pebbles.