- Freelance Social Media Management
(2009-present) I’m a social media crackerjack who loves the juggling involved with posting, tweeting, responding, liking, sharing, and hashtagging!
I increase my clients’ visibility and credibility and enjoy planning their marketing editorial calendars. I organize, design, publish and repurpose blog content, social media campaigns, email newsletters, and/or events. I expand their social media reach, share their wisdom, invite prospects to learn from them, and build trust among their fans, influencers, and clients.
Learned: I love words. I thrive when using both the logical and creative sides of my brain at the same time.
- Area Director of Member Support
(2017-present, part-time) I support our regional managing director, Area Directors, Director Consultants, Chapter Leaders and more than 900 members in 40+ chapters of BNI North Alabama. I handle chapter memberships, applicant flow processes, invoicing, accounts receivable, membership renewals, event/training organization, technology challenges and user login issues.
Learned: Technology and processes can save time…but relationships matter more.
- Government Proposal Editor
(2016-present, part-time) A member of the team of professionals at BID Designs, LLC, I proofread, edit, and format government proposals and client marketing slicks/publications on an as-needed basis. This job requires extensive attention to detail and amazing teamwork.
Learned: Keep a beginner’s mind. Details matter.
- WordPress Web Designer
Clients came to me because I make them look good. I built them a dedicated, round-the-clock salesperson: efficient, effective, and always drawing in ideal clients.
Learned: The value of my time & energy, and that “No” really is a complete sentence.
- Event Organizer
For 5 years, I hosted the largest yoga event in the state of Alabama: Rocket City Yoga Week. During these 5 years, Rocket City Yoga Week offered over 300 events, taught by more than 50 talented yoga teachers, averaged a yearly attendance of +2000, and successfully raised over $10,000 for charity.
1. To trust my BHAG (Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal).
2. That I have insanely high, big-picture-seeing, multitasking capabilities that many do not possess.
- Networking Leader & Educator
Building a personal network is just as vital as building a social media network. Having solid referral partners is non-negotiable in today’s business world.
Learned: It’s wise to spend time working ON my business instead of always working IN it.
Visit my chapter’s website
- Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher
I’ve been on my yoga mat since 1999. Practicing yoga is about connection – to Self and to the world. After being laid off from my final recruiting career, I taught yoga full-time for 7 years, creating space for students all from all over the world to see life from a different point of view.
1. What’s going on in life will show up on the mat.
2. I do not need to fix anyone.
3. I can create space, set the intention, do the best I can, and let go of the results.
- Personal Chef
How would your life be different if healthy, delicious, food was waiting for you when you walked in the door…and you haven’t had to cook a thing?
I helped friends & clients put healthy meals on the dinner table for years. I fed their souls.
1. Never assume client has the right equipment – bring my own.
2. I despise touching raw chicken. Ugh.
Virtually supported, recruited & sourced for US and global facilities. Recruited and staffed numerous divisions, spanning telecom & IT to Defense to Logistics & Global Supply Chain. Applicant tracking system on-site administrator and trainer.
- Radio & Technology Sales
Account executive at 2 different points in my life: selling presentation systems and radio advertising.
- Casual Fine Dining ServerIn 1990, the #1 restaurant in Orlando was Pebbles, owned by DAVGAR Corporation. I spent 4 years soaking up the food, wine, and service industry knowledge. Years later, I became a personal chef thanks to the deep wisdom I gleaned from Pebbles.